Thursday, August 13, 2009

My first client!!! :)

Can you tell just by my title how excited I am?? I just went to my first meeting with my very first doula client. I am soo so excited. She is a sweet girl and has what seems to be a very supportive, loving husband. She is only 20 years old but seems like she is mature for her age, more mature than I think I was then! She has a very unique pregnancy with only a 2 vessel umbilical cord, when it should be 3 and intrauterine growth retardation (which most likely is because of the 2 vessel umbilical cord). They say her baby is about 4.9lbs right now and she is 37 weeks pregnant, so a bit below what is normal which is between 6.5 - 7lbs, but not too bad. I am just so excited to help her and support her in this miraculous time, I dont even care if I'm not getting paid. I feel like it is a gift to me for her to let me witness this miracle. I love birth and everything about it, I think that is why I would love to have many many children if my husband would let me. I will be meeting with her again next week on Monday, so more to come then I am sure! Until then please pray for me that I will be able to provide her and her husband with the support they need and the best care possible for this little baby boy being born any day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog